4/1/08

Photo 91


Unfortunately for Kaitlyn, she's been blessed with her mommy's math gene. It's not a good one. I didn't learn any tricks of the trade for math. Math is a subject you have to concentrate on. I don't do concentration. At all. Sewing. No. Painting. No. They make my tummy turn over...seriously. Anxious on the inside and I just never could focus. When I was in high school and HAD to learn to focus, I did...but I just always and consistently struggled with math. I made good grades...but it was just not easy for me.

So...Kaitlyn has struggled this year. I see so much of myself in her sometimes that it's scary. Thomas decided to try ONE MORE TIME to teach her a few tricks. She got it. Totally got it. One days test she missed 34 out of 50. After learning the trick, she got 50/50 in way less than the 2 minutes time.

That's another thing...if you would have TIMED my math, I would have CROAKED!

And, yes...math is still a problem. Don't believe me...come play chicken foot with me and count how many times I beg someone else to count my points. Especially the later the evening goes...concentration just FLIES away!

No comments: